June 16, 2025
Wagwannn everybody! Nope, it's not my real birthday, but it is my mission birthday! I officially hit my year mark of serving the Lord. I don't even know what is going on. I went to bed one night in the MTC and woke up here... In Guyana... A year into my mission. I have learned so many lessons in the last year, so I want to share a few:
God's timing is perfect
God has perfect timing, who'd have guessed right? But seriously, it's crazy how his plan is for the whole world, but somehow so individual. As many of you know, a mission was not in the cards for me. I wanted nothing to do with it until I received a very strong impression telling me otherwise. 4 months later, I was a missionary. And the people I have met, the friendships I have made, the experiences I have had have changed me forever. Missions are fun. The mission has been an absolute blast. You learn how to love the hard work and love the people.
I didn't send an email last week, but not too much happened. This week we had zone conference, and it was great. We talked lots about the need for members to do Missionary work with us, because it's the only way for new members to feel like they truly have a home. I learned a lot, and it's going to be fun to implement it more.
Something that was interesting was the death day for cows. You all remember, here in Guyana there are cows everywhere. Literally everywhere. But last week, they had a special holiday that was all about friendship. Very fun. This friendship holiday involves killing a cow and sharing it with your neighbors. All of a sudden... No cows. Nowhere. You couldn't find one if you tried. I thought I was free, but yesterday they returned, so Guyana still has a cow infestation.
3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
I love this scripture because it applies to each and every one of us. We have all been called to declare the good word of the restored gospel. And that doesn't mean quietly and to a few people, but that means shouting it from the rooftops, and that sounds great to me. It's a good reminder of our purpose as missionaries and our purpose as the Lord's disciples. Thanks for coming on my adventure through my first year of mission life. Let's see what year two has to bring! I love you all!
Elder Aldrich
![]() |
| Parrots on the church |
![]() |
| Lunch with CHAITRAM for his birthday |





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.