Monday, January 20, 2025

New Nephew, New Sister, New Responsibilities!

 January 20, 2024    

    Okay. So I did a thing. Last week I wrote an email, I think a pretty lit one. But, the only problem, I never hit that little paper airplane in the top right corner. So I left yall hanging for a week. I do sincerely apologize for that. But I can send it this week, so here it is:

*Blows dust off book*

     Good Afternoon my beloved friends! This week has been a little crazy, but it's been great! It's going to be a short one this week, but let's hop into it.

           Christmas in January!

     Okay so out in the ABC islands, we cannot receive packages. It's too much of a challenge to get a package to the mission home, and then to the islands. So we just don't have them. But a member from Salt Lake (shout out David Dyatt) works for weeks at a time in Aruba and then goes back and forth between places. So my parents were able to send me a package, and it's the first one I've gotten on the mission. It was Christmas. It was glorious.

          T-Call?

     Usually, we receive a document with our transfers, but this time we did a full mission transfer call! It felt like a fantasy football draft, and it was bringing the good vibes. I'll be DL staying out here in San Nic for another transfer with Elder Smalley, good vibes all around.

     I have another nephew now! My nephew Theo was born on Saturday, and I already have so much love for this kid I've never met! It's been a good week out here, make sure to count your blessings, and name them one by one, and you'll get exhausted from counting so much! I love you all! Stay gold!

Elder Aldrich

Phwoooo! I'm tired, are you tired? Let's take a deep breath... Anyway here's this week!

          The vengeful cactus

     My companion loves to pick the fruit off of the wild cactus. One day as we were riding, he saw a wild cactus fruit, and not seeing any spikes on them, he picked it. What was not seen was that there were hundreds of hair-thin spikes on this fruit. After about 2 ish minutes of holding this fruit, he noticed the little hair-looking things in his finger and saw that they were not too fond of the idea of coming out. And so off to the apartment, we went to pull the spikes out of Elder smalleys hand. Lessons were learned that day. Particularly cactus are not very good party guests. Sometimes they seem chill and smooth, then all of a sudden they're secretly spikey and pokey.

          Mawage is wut bwings us togefer

      MY BROTHER GOT MARRIED THIS WEEK! I'M SO STOKED FOR THEM! I didn't get to be there, but we all know I was the best man 😉 but I seriously cannot be happier for them. They are the best couple and I got a new sister-in-law now. I was dressed up for the occasion too, tie and everything.

     Sorry I don't have too much from the week, it was a blur, but that's the best kind of week! But as I was studying this week, everything kept coming back to love for one another. Love, or better yet charity, is something that's so important for each and every one of us. Loving one another is a primary answer, but it's also the best answer to many of life's problems!

     I love you all! Happy January!

Elder Aldrich



Ready for wedding 🫡



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...