September 23,2024
Good morning my lovely people! Another week has passed, which means another email from your favorite Luke John Aldrich. I can feel your applause... Thank you. It's been a crazy week in Curaçao once again, and boy, do I have stories. So, let's hop into it.
Papiamento ta poppin off
My previous trainer, Elder Seals, set me up really well with my papiamento. I'm so grateful for his training because my Papiamento has gotten pretty strong. Most people we talk to are shocked to hear I've only been learning it for 7-8 weeks, and a few even told me I speak like a native. Score. As for my Spanish, it's picking up a lot, but definitely not as much as my MTC homies, who all sound like they're rocking it. But that's to be expected with 70% of people here speaking papiamento. I have found a pretty deep love for learning languages, and I love the smiles on people's faces when they see you trying to learn their language. It's a lot of fun!
Meeting my predecessor
In church yesterday, there was a visitor that I went to speak to. After about 2 minutes of introduction, I learned that he was one of the first missionaries in Curaçao 38 years ago. He asked me all about how missionary work is here now because when he came, it was only him and his companion taking on the island. It was incredible to hear from someone still so in love with the island and the people after 38 years. He gave me tons of advice and we ended up talking for 30 minutes or so. It was a big Sunday booster!
Honorable mentions
Limpi Kòrsou
Saturday was a nationwide service project cleaning up the beaches, roads, and general areas. I got to speak to a lot of people and explain our purpose as missionaries.
Egon
We had Egon on a date and then lost contact for the last month or so. We finally got back into contact with him again, and he wants to continue to progress! It's pretty rad, and he's an incredible man, so I am stoked!
This is just a reminder that God measures effort, not success. If you are trying your hardest, that's what matters. Do your best, work hard, and God will fill the gaps. Heavenly Father loves us deeply, and he's got us every step of the way. I love you all! Have an incredible week!
-Elder Aldrich




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.