September 16, 2024
Happy Monday, my beautiful people! Welcome to season 2 of 16 of my life for the foreseeable future. This week has been a blur and also an eternity, but let's just get right into it!
P-day adventures
For P-Day last week, we decided to hop in the truck with our zone Leaders and hit the "open road." The open road lasted about 20 miles or so, so then we started driving through off-road trails out in the boonies. We wound up by the ocean (who could've guessed?). We snapped some pretty cool pictures and threw some rocks, you know, missionary man entertainment. I miss driving dearly, so it was nice to have a little adventure in the car.
Transfers
Transfers rolled around, and I got a new companion on Tuesday. Luckily, on Tuesday, we ran a trio with Elder Seals, Elder Schiffman, and me. We introduced Elder Schiffman to a bunch of the people we were teaching and got him a decent understanding of how this area goes. We were on our own on Wednesday, and I learned a few things on the first day that will shape this transfer. But that means my Spanish and Papiamento are going to be cracked by the time I leave Buena Vista. I've been teaching the majority of each of our lessons, so my Papiamento has already picked up in confidence quite a bit.
I wish I had more for you all. This week has been pretty interesting but full of little comforts. I can't say I've ever felt so many scriptures come into my head throughout this week. I have been reading a lot from the Saints book this week and was reminded a lot of the struggles that the early saints experienced. Through it all, God did not leave them comfortless, and they were always able to rejoice in Jesus Christ and the safety that he brought them.
"And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." - Mosiah 24:13 & 14
I love you all. Rejoice in Jesus Christ and remember his love for us. It's a pretty special thing. Shoot me an email if you get bored.
Ayó
Elder Aldrich





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.