Monday, October 28, 2024

New Greenie, Same Area

October 28, 2024 

Buenos dias/Bon Siman my beautiful people! This week has been somewhat of a fever dream as per usual, and now I've got a greenie, and I'm a trainer!

           Part of what has made this week such a fever dream was that I wasn't in my area for about 4 days this week. From Tuesday morning to Friday evening I was living in Otro Banda with the Zone Leaders while we waited for my greenie to arrive in the beautiful island of Kòrsou. It felt oddly reminiscent, kinda like getting to live with brothers for a couple of days. The Zone Leaders are absolute studs, so I had a blast getting to a trio with them for a couple of days.

     On Friday at about 5:00, my greenie, Elder Day, arrived at the Curaçao airport from Guyana. I can easily remember the insanity of the day I first arrived in Curaçao, including the feeling of hearing everyone speak a language you don't know, and it's not the one you studied for the last 6 weeks. He shared the same sentiment, as we immediately got home, dropped his bags, and went and got to work before game night. One new thing I learned about Elder Day: this man is a DAWG on the soccer court/field/thingamajiger. He came out and scored on everyone, and that was the moment I became a proud father.

      Elder Day is an incredibly hard worker. Even though he can't speak much papiamento yet, he is using all of it he can speak and has had me translate a lot so that he can be involved in our lessons. It's fun to watch him be willing to just throw himself in, and he's super eager to learn.

     I love you all. Know that God loves you and that he will always be there for you. Have an incredible week, and go hug your loved ones when you get the chance! 

-Elder Aldrich

Elder Day

New comp, who dis?

The way of the missionary




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...