November 4, 2024
Bon dia! I have just had the terrible realization that I missed Shark Week. I don't think I've ever felt this lost... Did they finally find the Megaladon this year?! And I am also realizing that Shark Week was about 3 months ago. But that is the fever dream of Missionary work! But welcome to another week and another episode of storytime with your favorite Elder Aldrich!
Rubiks Cube Master
That's right. Ya, boi can solve a Rubik's cube now. Be impressed, be proud. My greenie, Elder Day, brought a Rubik's cube with him and told me that no companion of his would not know how to solve one. So our trade was simple... I teach him papiamento, and he teaches me to solve the Satan box. For the last week the Rubics cube has been the bane of my existence, but now I can solve it and I feel accomplished. Am I smarter? Probably not, but it's a fun experience!
The Lady Who Speaks in Tongues
This week as we were going through a neighborhood, we found a lady, probably 60's, sitting outside of her house. So why not? Let's talk to her. She started by telling us that she had no time to talk to us and then talked to us for about 45 minutes about all of her beliefs. After about 15 minutes of her spitting Spanish at us, we tried to tell her we needed to leave, but we couldn't get any words in cause she was GOING. I probably should've just left, but I don't like being rude. But I learned a few really good things! 1. When someone is convinced that everything you believe is wrong, they will ask you trap questions. You can answer them correctly, then they will tell you that you are wrong and talk themselves into a circle of exactly what you believe. Or 2. They go off about something that contradicts itself a lot. She told us that the church is a scam and that the church of Christ is simply your heart. She then told us about how she was speaking in tongues in church with her pastor, but she had no idea what she was saying. But also that you can't speak tongues and you can't receive revelation? I don't know either. But hey, I understood a lot of the conversation, so that's a WIN
Curaçao Culture Moment
There are so many different cultures here on the island. Surinamese, Guyanese, Dominican, Columbian, etc. So there is a lot of variety in the type of food I have tried. On Saturday we went to a members house for a member meal with all of the other missionaries. She's a very sweet, and loves to feed the missionaries. Usually, we get the same thing, rice, a strange part of the chicken, and some pickled vegetables. Nothing super crazy. But this time, we had pig tail and shrimp, weird combo, a little too raw, but we didn't get sick so we got a double win!
This week was so strangely fast and eternally slow, and I don't remember a lot of it so I'll cut it there!
Ether 12:4
Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.
Faith is such a powerful thing. Faith allows us to do anything that God needs us to do. Have faith in God's plan, his timing, and his love for you. If you can do that, you can do anything. I love you all, go have a wonderful week!
-Elder Aldrich



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.