November 18, 2024
Bon Día mi Amigunan Stimá! Kon ta bai?
I hope everyone is enjoying their August, cause I certainly am! Out here it's still 85°-90° and about 95% humidity, and so my brain hasn't left August, but that is the way of the Missionary on the ABC islands. I have a feeling it will never not be August in my brain for the next 18 months. This week was a warwarú (tornado) of things happening, woooo!
Vroom Vroom 🛻
This week the Zone leaders left for Aruba to do some exchanges, and so that left us with the truck for the day. Guys. I MISS driving. I got to drive for the first time in 5 months and it was glorious!
The guy that Elder Seals and I baptized in my first transfer left for Holland to go to school to be an engineer. We had gotten him all set up with the missionaries in Holland and things were looking up. But then a few unfortunate things happened. About a month ago, his Curaslanian number was deactivated, and we lost contact with him, but it was okay because the Holland Elders got him. Problem number two: The Holland Elders didn't get him. Something happened where they accidentally wiped their phone, losing the area book and the WhatsApp, and then a week or so later the area got whitewashed. But our plan this week worked. I remembered where his parents lived, but it was out of our area. So this week with the truck we got permission and headed out to find our friend's parents. And we got back into contact with him! He is doing well, college is busy, and he will be going to church on Sunday! Miracles all around!
Aldrich at the Aldrich's
Yep, it's here again. My favorite member in the world had us over for dinner on Thursday night. At this point, he just feels like family, and we got to meet his Florida Family that night. They were all amazing people and the wife was from Honduras so I got to talk to them about where my brother served in his mission (shout out Caleb). I don't think I've ever heard so many Dad jokes. Speaking of which: what's the difference between a clown and an athletic rabbit?... One is a bit-funny and the other is a fit-bunny. Also, I think I ate my weight in food, it was beautiful.
Aldrich and Seals back at it
Let's goo, another exchange with my trainer! I went to the Brievengat area Saturday for the exchange, leaving our two Greenies to take on Buena Vista, which they crushed it. But it was a solid exchange, it's fun to get to go back and work with your trainer again, especially now that I can actually say what I want to people in papiamento. We ended up at the edge of the area down some unlit dirt roads at some point... I gotta get out of murder scenes. The night ended with throwing chances at a cockroach about the size of two quarters sitting side by side. I learned a new thing: cockroaches fly.
Highlights
-Elder Day and I had to ride our bikes to the church for game night on Friday and we lived, but it was a journey through backroads and highways. It was a good time!
-I get more culture shocked by American culture than I did the first time with Curaçao culture. I didn't think that would ever happen
There were many tender mercies this week that helped a ton. Lots of moments that started with frustration or chaos and ended with seeing Heavenly Father place a miracle in front of me. I know that God loves each and every one of his children and that he is always there to guide and direct you. 1 Nephi 4:6 tells us "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." sometimes we don't know where we are going, but God will put us where he needs us if we have faith. I love you all, keep being amazing
Chao Chao
-Elder Aldrich


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.