Monday, January 27, 2025

Fireworks, Music, All that Jazz

January 27, 2025

Happy P-day, Everybody! The time flies out here... I actually don't quite understand it. It's been another beautiful week in Aruba! Let me lay it out for ya!

                  🎆 Aruban Independence Day 🎉

     Woooooooo! Independence Day! Music, food, fireworks, all that fun stuff, right? No. Incorrect. Wrong. Independence Day out here is the most low-key day ever. The way that Arubans celebrate Independence Day is by silently getting drunk in their houses with every door, window, and blind closed. I wish I were kidding, but the one person who spoke to us told us that's the way Independence Day works out here. It made for a kinda crazy day full of no lessons actually going through, but we found plenty to do. At one point, I had chased 2 dogs down the street on my bike after they chased us first. That'll show them.

          ✨The Village ✨

     There are a few interesting places out here in San Nicolás. One of them we don't go into at all, and the other we just ride through, waiting for something crazy to happen. So here's a list of the crazy things that have happened here!

- A very high man tried to steal our bikes. It did not work.

- We saw a 2-ton Pig just taking a casual stroll out in the middle of the streets. After about 2 minutes, some random guy slapped it, and it was down the street in about 2 seconds.

     Okay, maybe it's not that much aside from all the high guys, but it's still always an adventure.

     Alright, I can't really remember what else happened this week, but that is the life of a Missionary! Or maybe that's just life? I don't know right now. Check back in 3 years. Anyway, I am loving it out here! The mission is the best, I love the people, I love the work, and I love the gospel. The lord always has his arms wide open to receive us and give us his love. All we have to do is show that we want God's love, and he's right there. "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9. Our Heavenly Father has our backs, and he loves us more than any of us can begin to comprehend.

     I love you all. Every one of you has a piece of my heart. Have a great week! 

Keda ketú (Stay Cool) 

Elder Aldrich




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...