Monday, January 6, 2025

New Year, Same Vibes

January 6, 2024

  Kiko ta kiko Ruman! This week has passed in the blink of an eye, and so have the last 5! Tdoc is here once again, so keep your eyes open for next week's email!

          Sunday

      I'm going to just start here cause Sunday was a crazy day. It started with church, which consisted of about 20 members. But about halfway into sacrament meeting, in walks a group of about 20 Utahns, which was just completely unexpected and culturally shocking. But they were all very kind people and the branch absolutely loved having them there! Just wasn't on my fast Sunday bingo card.

     From there things just got more strange. We had a lesson cancel because the lady was sick, and about 30 seconds later some guy, also on a bike, rode past and yelled at us to come with him and visit for a moment. And what do missionaries do when a guy tells you to come teach him? You follow. Safe? Don't know. But did we follow him? Yes. We followed this guy all the way out to this hill leading to what would become the middle of nowhere. He'd gotten of his electric bike cause the battery died, and so we caught up to him and talked with him to his house. We didn't get kidnapped, but we did finish that lesson about 2 miles from regular civilization.  Immediately following him we met a man who had just gotten out of prison, and it was a little hard to tell if he had gotten out of prison or gotten out of prison. All is well though, he gave us Coca-Cola. 

          New Years 🎉

     The New Year is huge out here. Like, insane. Mortars are everywhere, and everybody gets completely wasted. So wasted that nothing, and I mean nothing, is open on New Year's day. Even the gas stations that stay open for Christmas closed on New Year's day. I don't think I saw a single soul outside of their house for the first 4 hours. But our new year was a lot of fun. New Year's Eve meant turning all of the lights off at 10:30, grabbing headlamps, playing card games in the dark, seeing the fireworks then going to sleep. And New Years Day meant Horchata and lessons with members (they were the only ones not drunk) 

          Other Highlights

    - I had an exchange with my District Leader, Elder Winfield

    - Chair soccer has become my favorite game of all time

    - My brother gets married in a week and a half

    - My other brother and his wife have their baby in like 4 days... Crazy

     This week has been crazy, and the new year always makes for such a special time. It's a time of reflection and planning. Remember to include God in those plans, and accept that those plans will change because God's plan is better than our own. He loves us so much, and he knows what we need better than we do. I love you all, and I love hearing your stories! 

Bon Aña Nobo na Tur di Boso! 

-Elder Aldrizzle

Exchange Arepas with Elder Winfield
Last 2024 Sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...