May 12, 2025
Goooooood whateverpartofthedayitis! It has been quite the week again! I am loving my time out here in Guyana... It's crazy, I've already been in Guyana for a month. This week was a week filled with wins and losses, some of them fun, and some of them well... not so much. For starters: Brain Cells. I'm about all outta those this transfer. My companion and I, bless his heart, have the same sense of humor, which means that we quite literally think we are the funniest people in the world. Top that off with a 6-man apartment filled with funny guys, and you have quite the line-up. But I can't complain, so that's a win too.
Our Recent Convert Ran Away
Oooooo yeah. Our recent convert is back in the bush. The interior. The Amazon-hecken-rainforest. But bush is easier to say, so let's go with that. Storytime! Vernie, our beloved recent convert, managed a gold mining company, but ghosted her boss so she could get baptized. Sick. But that leaves one problem: no job. So she searched for a while and found a job that would allow her to work during the week, with Sundays off for church. Win. And her 3 kids also want to be baptized. Quadruple win. But on Tuesday morning, while confirming appointments, we call Vernie. She answers the phone with questionable music in the background. She says, "I'm going back to the interior. I'll explain when I get there." She did not explain. Fast forward another day or so, and she lets us know she will be in the interior for the next 3 months. Eeek. Our recent convert is "lost in the woods," as our favorite Disney Prince would say.
Cows
That's right. The cows are back. But in a much better fashion than before. Cows seem to be the bane of existence. Whenever you think you won't see a cow, Boom, there it is. But you know where you can't find cows? Supermarkets.
Cinco de Mayo, the greatest holiday in the world, is mostly caused by Star Wars. But Cinco de Mayo is also like a secondary "Taco Tuesday." One of the only American members in the branch had a taco party at work, and took all the leftovers and gave them to us. Guys, I found a cow in my fridge for the first time since coming here. We had beef tacos, take that Cows.
The last few weeks, I have been reading a book called "To Draw Closer to God" by Henry B. Eyering, and one of the big things that it has covered is repentance and the importance of it. All of us are sinners, and as sinners, one of the biggest questions that we can have is: How do I know if I have been forgiven? And the answer that he gives is a rather interesting one. He turns us to Alma 5:26-31, it's a lot of words, so I'll let you look it up if you want. But he breaks it down into 4 key aspects: Humble, stripped of pride, stripped of envy, not making a mock of thy brother. He proceeds to recount a story of a young man who had gone through a long repentance process and was still unsure if he had been fully forgiven by God. And the answer was that it was through the little things he did that gave him his remission of sins. The little things are the ones that change the heart. Remember that repentance comes from sincere desire and a broken heart. A heart willing and ready to change.
![]() |
| Sandwich |
![]() |
| Weekly planning |
![]() |
| Guyana |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.