Monday, May 5, 2025

Pray For Guyana... And the Cows

 May 5, 2025

   Good Morning, lovely people! What a week it has been! Guyana has been struggling a little bit the last week or two. A little girl was murdered, which led to lots of protests and riots. Please keep the country and people of Guyana in your prayers. 

     But nonetheless, we were able to have a good week. Driving here in Guyana still throws me off, but I'm on a bike, so I get to throw myself through the chaos; it's an unexpected thrill! One of these emails will include me in a trench, but that day is not today! 

     Guys. There are cows here. Cows everywhere. I don't know how to explain the sheer amount of cows in this country. I swear, any time you look anywhere, it is a cow or a goat. I love it! Keeps you on your toes! 

     Let me tell you a story about a friend of ours named Vernie. She was scrolling on Facebook one day and found the Come unto Christ Facebook page. She added it and soon was in contact with the missionaries. Unfortunately, she had to go into the interior (gold mining land) for a few months. Contact was lost, but her testimony continued to grow. As soon as she got out of the interior, she got back in contact with the missionaries, looking to be baptized. Fast forward 2 weeks, and she was baptized. As she continued to grow her testimony, her children began to see the changes that she was making. Soon, her children wanted to follow suit and wanted to feel all of the joy that is felt in the gospel.

    Often, things come with time. It almost never comes at once. Change starts with one thought, thought turned to action, and actions to change lives. As a missionary, I have seen lives change, pains fade, and wounds heal. Christ is the healer of all pains and the beginning of the most beautiful things in life. His plan and his timing are perfect.

     I love you all. I am having the time of my life out here, and it's hard to believe my time is almost halfway over.


Cows


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...