Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Elder of the Caribbean


June 28, 2024

 Good Afternoon everyone! 

     I never sent an email while I was at home in the MTC, so you're getting an email from me now! It's been a little bit crazy the last few days, especially, so let's hop into it!

     I started home MTC on Monday, the 17th. From there, I spent a week and a few days at home, trying to learn how to become a missionary. With that came 8-10 hours of sitting in front of a computer on Zoom calls, and I could not be happier to be done with Zoom. But home MTC supplied me with the opportunity to adjust to the beginnings of being a missionary while also still being able to sleep in my own bed and get to spend time with my family. I met my district over Zoom, but it was really nice to meet everyone in person. 

     I arrived at the Provo MTC on Wednesday, the 26th, and immediately started moving. I could swear I heard a starter pistol and haven't stopped moving since. My companion is incredible, and we get along better than I ever thought we could. My district is full of some of the coolest people, and we all get along really well. We've already begun making inside jokes, and the elders and I have already gotten pretty close. No tension or beef so far, and we hope it stays that way. 

    I swear my residency is a literal prison cell. I'm talkin' creaky metal bunk beds, full cinder block walls, one window, and communal showers. But we don't spend much time there anyway, so it doesn't bug me much.

     I was made district leader, which mostly just means extra meetings and a few extra responsibilities. 

     There is so much more I could say, but today has been crazy, and I am running out of time. I love all of you, and I can't wait to tell you about all of my adventures!

     Also, "Elder of the Carribean" is the current winning name for the blog my mom is putting together. I am open to any and all suggestions!


Home MTC
Home MTC

Last Corvette ride with Dad 

Working out with Caleb

Spending breaks with Addie

Grandma Tootsie hemming my pants

Packing is exhausting

Dinner with Seth, Anna, Ethan, Tyler, Mom and Dad

Brothers

Getting ready to head to the Provo MTC

Garage goodbye








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...