July 12, 2024
Time has really flown by this week. It feels like P-day was only two days ago. It's also crazy to believe that I am past the halfway point in the MTC. In about two and a half weeks, I will be flying out to my mission and beginning the real missionary work.
Once again, Sunday is always an incredible experience. This week was especially nice because we have begun Spanish immersion in our classes, and I appreciated the break from the classes. Not to mention, there are devotionals, elders quorum, sacrament meeting, and the "go and do" experience, which is just glorified personal study. It is such a nice break from the chaos and constant movement that takes place in the MTC daily.
My Spanish is awful, but that is to be expected from someone who has only been speaking Spanish for a week. I have already seen a lot of improvement, and that is a big boost for me this week. Spanish will come with time, and the MTC certainly won't be when I become fluent.
A few things about Guyana. First, they finally hung up the Guyana flag on the flag poles! It was a fun little moment to see it as we were walking from class to lunch, and of course, I took a picture with it. Also, I learned that I will be moving from island to island on a little five-person plane, so pray for me.
I honestly don't have too much to say about this week. I am doing really well and I am learning a ton! I love my district and I am loving my time here.
-Elder Aldrich



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.