Monday, December 16, 2024

I am Lightning McQueen

December 16, 2024

 Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Lightning McQueen. Or better, San Nicolás is Lightning McQueen. Think of the finish line in the first cars movie. All 4 of McQueen's tires are popped. That was San Nic this week. We have 1/4 functioning bikes. I enjoyed the walk though!

     One of the recent converts in San Nic is a sweet old lady named Loes. She is from Suriname but has lived in Aruba for a long time, and speaks papiamento. She is perhaps one of the sweetest ladies in the world. Everyone just calls her "Wela" or Grandma including the missionaries. She claims everyone as her own! 

     Honestly, this week has been crazy, not all of it fun, but that is how you grow. I have seen the lord comfort me in countless ways throughout the day, and counting my blessings at the end of the day is a good reminder of just how great life is! "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9. The lord is involved in everything, and all things are for thy good. I love you all, have a great week, Stay Great! 

-Elder Aldrich

Wela

Don't mind the shoes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...