Monday, December 30, 2024

Christmas with the Catholics

  December 30, 2024

    Hey hey everybody how are we feeling? I can't decide if this was the shortest or longest week of my life, and I think the correct answer is just yes. It was a great week filled with lots of great memories. The Coca-Cola addiction is in full swing this week but isn't that when the fun begins?

          Christmas with the Catholics

     We got permission to go to midnight mass this year, so like good missionaries, we went! The benches were just barely too small for all 8 of us to sit together, so 4 took one bench, and 4 took another. Well the Catholic priests didn't seem to like that when they came in, so we got moved to the row just in front of the others. We were told we could stay as long as we promised to speak to no one and not participate in the communion. Lit. We definitely lived rent-free in that priest's head because he brought up "the Mormons in the congregation" a good 4 times, but we didn't get kicked out. Score! But he refused to take a picture with us. Less score.

           P-Day shenanigans

     This P-Day, after a gas station run, we were unsure of how to spend the time, and someone had the idea to play chair soccer. Give a bunch of missionaries a coke bottle and a couple chairs and we will be entertained for hours. I don't think anyone was prepared for the level of intensity that came in that game of chair soccer. Note to everyone. A Coke bottle makes a great soccer ball

          Christmas shenanigans

     Christmas Eve consisted of a lot of canceled appointments, leaving us open to ideas of things to do, and we decided on caroling to a few recent converts and members between our area and the other elder's area. There's a video of it out there, so that exists. Their poor ears! Christmas morning was spent with the senior Missionary couple playing games and eating breakfast with all of the Aruba missionaries. I'm a weapon at cover your assets. Then it was off to a recent converts house for a meal, and immediately off to the next member for a meal with the island missionaries and the district councilor. He had a campfire going to cook the food, a few of us just stood there at the campfire. Before last week with the toaster, I hadn't seen an open flame in months!

     This week was filled with miracles and tender mercies, but one of my favorites had to be sharing the message of the birth of Jesus Christ with so many people. His birth was one of the most important moments in the history of everything. His birth and his death are some of the most key aspects of us as Christians. I love my savior and I love that I get to share this message with the world. Have a great week, I love you all!

Ayó, 

Elder Aldrich



Old catholic churches don't have AC
This one's for my momma



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I live!

 September 8, 2025 Bon tardi atrobe! I am back from the dead! It's been a few weeks, so here's what I've got! Elder Winfield and...