December 9, 2024
Ok guys. Listen up. I don't know who labeled these islands as "desert islands" but they've clearly never visited Las Vegas, Arizona, or the entire west half of the US. I don't think I've ever seen so much rain in my whole life!
And now I live in Arizona!
But on another note, I am no longer in Curaçao! I've been transferred to a place in Aruba called San Nicolás, what a place to spend Christmas! So far this place is just straight-up America. Paved roads, fast food, and the occasional white person. I live next to a Wendys and I had a frosty for the first time in months... And it was a beautiful experience.
I have officially become old!
On another other note, I turned 20 like 2 days ago, and birthdays on the mission are the most unreal thing I have ever experienced. I got so many emails from so many people, and I love you all for it. But it's been so weird to experience my birthday in August, and now I understand how my dad feels about August birthdays. A birthday frosty was had, and I have a feeling I will be finding so many excuses to be eating frostys. Ice cream here is expensive, as is anything that comes from a cow. Fun fact, I'm pretty sure the nearest cow is almost 1000 miles away from me.
M'a hari hopi
I flew into Aruba on Tuesday, and one of the other elders was waiting for his greenie. So for 3 days or so we got to be in a trio and split 2 areas. It gave me some time to get used to a new area and a new island, while also getting to experience the chaos of working in 2 areas. Every free moment was filled with laughs. I'm frequently reminded of how simple Missionary humor is because we found ourselves laughing at things as simple as my horribly timed hiccups!
Highlights!
- I got to call my family for my birthday, and once again got to experience the chaos and love of my big family
- My brother posted about my birthday and I even received emails from a few people I didn't know haha!
I know that our heavenly father loves us. I know that he puts things in our path for our growth and our good. I have seen how much my life has changed because of my mission, and my life is forever changed by my heavenly father.
I love you all! You're all the best!
Ayó
-Elder Aldrich




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.