April 14, 2025
Good Afternoon, Everybody! Today, this email isn't coming at you from an apartment in Aruba; it is coming at you from the heart and soul of Guyana! I have been transferred to Guyana, where I am living in a six-man apartment. But getting here was somewhat of an adventure.
Friday night was the Transfer document drop. We do them live, so they end up looking like a draft night with missionaries and mission areas. We get to Kitty in Guyana, and my name pops. Wooo! I'm off to Guyana! Monday morning, I say goodbye to everyone and step into the airport to fly away. Our flight was scheduled for 2:40, with a one-hour layover in Miami. Shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong. Our first flight gets delayed an hour and fifteen minutes, meaning that we miss our connection in Miami. We land in Miami, and sure enough, we have lost our flight from Miami to Guyana. The next flight won't be for another 24 hours. Me, Elder Gomez, Elder Corbridge, and Sister Harmer, are stranded in Miami for the next day or so. Posted up with a deck of cards and some dice, we played blackjack for 3 hours waiting for our luggage. Spent the night in a really nice hotel, and then went back to the airport the next morning. Our original rescheduled flight was set for 1:15, but it was delayed to 6:00 pm, which meant that Sister Harmer, who was coming to Guyana to finish her mission, would not be able to make it to the mission home in time. So from Miami, they just sent her the rest of the way home. From there, we were off to Guyana. And now we are here! I absolutely love it out here in Guyana! The culture here is so very different, and the languages too. Here are some fun facts about Guyana!
- Cows. There are cows absolutely everywhere.
- I speak more Spanish here more than I did in Aruba. Huge W's
- They drive on the wrong side of the road here, and trust me it's trippy.
- The sewage drains to trenches that run alongside the roads, which used to be rice patties
- The trenches grow pretty, 5-foot-tall flowers
Guyana has been an incredible experience out here so far. I am so excited to see what the lord has in store here in Guyana. I have been studying a lot about intentions recently, and there was a scripture that I loved. Mathew 25:40 says: "Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Each and every good thing that we do, when done with good intentions, blesses us and counts us as servants of God. I love you all, have a wonderful week!
![]() |
| Arriving in Guyana |
![]() |
| Miami Crew |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.